Saturday, November 19, 2016

Week 10 - Assignment#2: Teaching Philosophy


Teaching is an important role that can impact students’ lives in a positive way. Each student has the potential to bring something unique and special to the world in the future.  As an elementary teacher, I strive to bring enthusiasm and creativity so to develop a love of learning and to create lifelong learners.

I will embrace constructivist learning approach in my teaching in which I will act as the facilitator and the students being active and involved. I encourage students to follow their natural curiosity and think outside the box. I want students understand they are valued for their own individual unique talents and personalities. As each child learns at their own pace, it is my job to identify each of their strength and weakness.  I will tailor teaching with positive feedback and encouragement to my students as it is important students build up their confidence and develop intrinsic motivation.

I believe children should learn in an environment that encourages them to be expressive and have fun.  As technology is gradually finding its way into the classroom replacing traditional teaching, I will integrate technology into teaching so to help students be more engage to the lesson and promotes intellectual growth and lifelong learning for not just students but myself as well as I will also need to keep myself update in terms of technology. 

My love for teaching and desire for learning has continue to grow.   As a facilitator, my role is to develop students’ ability and desire to become lifelong learners.  Moreover, with the understanding that the use of technology will be an integral part of our students’ lives, it is my responsibility to prepare students for this future.  As a result, teaching with passion, understanding of student’s uniqueness, and technology integration can effectively impact students, ultimately connecting them to their passion and lifelong learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment